Please save the date! More detail to follow.
This is an invitation to our Club members to join Johann Marais on a trip into the Namib Desert next year.
From 9-13 March 2020.
Ideally you should be two persons per vehicle.
In an attempt to make this as affordable as possible this bucket list trip for any 4×4 driver will:
- We shall depart Cape Town Saturday 7 March 2020, sleep over one night en route and arrive Luderitz on Sunday 8 March 2020
- In Luderitz we’ll overnight at Obelix or Kratz Platz from where…..
- We shall depart into the concession area on the Monday morning
- We shall visit some of the ship wrecks on the Namibian coast line, explore Saddle Hill, Mercury Island, Sylvia Hill and the Devil’s Workshop with its infamous dunes
- During the 5 days/4 nights we will do a circular trip into the Namib desert and eventually emerge again close to Luderitz on Friday around lunch time
- Participants will stay in Luderitz on Friday evening 13 March 2020 and go their own way on Saturday 14 March 2020.
The Western Cape group will leave Luderitz on the morning of 14 March 2020.
- We should be back in the Cape by Sunday around 15:00.
It will be a catered trip which means that all food [breakfast, lunch & dinner] coffee, tea will be provided and served by the tour operator.
The operator’s fee, the reserve fees and the concession monies payable to the community as well as the catering are included in the N$8900 / person payable to the tour operator.
You need to take your own supply of drinks, at least 60 litres of water and carry sufficient fuel to be able to travel 650 km in sand
Please liaise with Johann Marais 0827711880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
and commit for an outing of note. Time is of the essence. March is a popular time to visit the desert and we need to secure our booking to ensure an exclusive club outing.
At this stage the planning and organising of a Baviaans trip has reached a stage where members are requested to please read this notification and indicate their commitment to attend the Baviaans trip in order to book campsites and pay deposits. As indicated previously, the dates have been selected to cover two consecutive long weekends in April and May 2020 where, if you need to take vacation leave, only three days will be required. The total distance of this trip is estimated to be 1600 km.
The program for the trip will cover the following:
- 25- 26 April 2020: Drive to Oudsthoorn and camp at Cape Nature’s Swartberg Oos Nature Reserve
- 26-27 April 2020: Traverse the Nuwekloof Pass and stay over at Uitspan
- 27-28 April 2020: Bokloof camping
- 28-30 April 2020″ Doring kloof camping
- 30 – 1 May 2020: Rooihoek camping
- 1-2 May 2020: Bruintjieskraal camping
- 2-3 May 2020: Paradise 4×4 camping
At the above venues we will also be driving the 4×4 routes if time and circumstances permit. Along the route we will take time to enjoy the scenary of the Baviaans.
AccommodationAll accommodation has to be booked in advance and it is important that we have members that commit in order to secure sufficient campisites.
DATE: Saturday 25 April 2020
PLACE: BP Garage on the N2 after the Somerset-West/Strand bridge on your left
TIME: 8h00 to leave at 8h30
A more detailed invitation, which will include a program of planned activities, will be provided at a later stage.
Please send any proposals and advice that could assist with the planning of this trip to the organiser. It will be appreciated.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS:
In order to assess the interest of Club Memebers in participating in the Baviaans trip, you are requested to confirm your attendance to email@example.com by 3 November 2019. An invitation will then sent out shortly with more details of the route that will be followed, accommodation and the costs involved, including deposit payments to be made to secure bookings along the way.
Trail: TBCCamping TBC
For more detail and suggestions and further enquiries lease contact Henri du Toit (082 820 1219 or Henri.firstname.lastname@example.org).