CLUB ROCK CONCERT
@ SCHEPPIE SAUS
Saturday 30 March – Sunday 31 March 2019
There was a wide request to repeat a function similar to one we had many years ago at Castle Rock (2006).
This event will take place if there is enough interest and commitment.
The plan is to have a proper sound system in place and play good music from the Saturday evening into the night.
We have booked the Scheppie Saus campsite (2 hrs from CT) for that weekend and we can make as much noise as we want to through the night.
All members welcome, friends by invitation.
Saturday to Sunday (of course those who want to can already arrive on the Friday).
Arrive at Scheppie Saus, set up camp, chill, chat, catch up, go for a swim, have lunch, do some driving.
We might arrange for some skill / fun activities.
A fire will be lit for the communal braai and after party.
From 19H00 or so, loud good 70’s to 90’s Rock and of course the newer stuff.
With a bit of luck it will be a starlit night.
We have a DJ with lot’s of music.
(please let’s have your requests, we will try to oblige)
As the night progresses the audience will gradually fade away.
On Sunday morning we get up at our leisure, have breakfast, chill, try the trails, whatever……
Then head home
What to bring:
Rhythm, Camping Gear, Chairs, Food, Drink, Good spirits (any Kind), Suntan Lotion, hats, Shade, Mozzy Repellant, 2 bags of wood
The Club Camp Site has good facilities / ablutions
Campsite: R100 per person per night
Trail fees: R200 per vehicle
A donation of R100 per vehicle to help cover the expenses for the sound equipment.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS:
AT THIS STAGE JUST INDICATE WHETHER YOU ARE HUGELY INTERESTED OR NOT.
Initial Deadline: Wednesday 27th February 2019.
Once the initial numbers are in we will follow up with another notice (with your enthusiasm it will hopefully not be a cancellation).
In order to secure a spot and assist with arrangements RSVP to Elna Buitenhuis on email@example.com by latest —Date to follow, and pay the camping fee.
EFT Reference “your name – Rock”
Please note that your name will only be placed on the “confirmed members” list after your non-refundable payment has been received.
We can accommodate as many people as possible.
However, we require a minimum number of participants to make this worthwhile.
There is no maximum limit
Please contact Fred for any enquiries on firstname.lastname@example.org or 082 443 9217.
- Pack clothing accordingly as it can be cold during the evenings
- Always consider the possibility of rain
- Advisable to have a broad rim hat and sun block on hand
- Please bring own refuse bags for your litter as we need to take all litter with us
- Bring all eats and drinks for the weekend
- No pets or firearms allowed
- All vehicles must be in sound mechanical condition
For those who want to do the trail on the farm:
- LOW RANGE and recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are prerequisites.
- Always have your spare keys with you
- Your own Kinetic/recovery strap and 2 x shackles and any other recovery equipment
- A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge may be required to deflate/inflate tyres
- Carry a fire extinguisher, which is easily accessible in the event of an emergency
- Always carry your personal medical kit
- Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed, as loose items can become missiles
TWO WAY RADIOS (required, VHF only):
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4×4 excursion is important for many reasons. It benefits the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4×4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another regarding their location and situation, not to mention the interesting information that is shared with participants. The fun part is the many interesting stories that are shared among participants.
For those who have not got a VHF Radio with the ORRA Channels the Club has radios available for hire. Contact Jimmy Niemann email@example.com in this regard, well in advance please. Should you be hiring a radio, please ensure that your lighter socket is working.
We hope to see many of you on this outing.