BREAKING NEWS: The Club will sponsor 50% towards the costs of the Dinner on Saturday evening (member and spouse) as appreciation for the success of Atlantis Fun 2017.
Please RSVP asap to email@example.com
It feels like the other day that we have celebrated the end of 2016 and here we are starting to prepare the year end function for 2017.
After numerous visits by club members to different venues, we have decided on Theewater Sports Club (TSC). This venue is just an hour and a half’s drive from Cape Town and we wish to get as many members possible to attend and celebrate another successful year of our club. As in the past, this event will also be partially sponsored by the club.
Theewater Sports Club (TSC) is situated on a peninsula stretching into the Theewaterskloof dam. It is surrounded by farmlands, majestic mountains and a variety of wildlife.
A little bit of info about TSC:
Theewaterskloof dam is the 7th largest dam in South Africa and covers an area of 5 100ha with a capacity of 483 million cubic meters, when full.
The Club is founded in 1979 and from humble beginnings, has grown to one of the largest water sports clubs in the Western Cape. The unique location of the Club, the excellent sailing conditions, good infrastructure and the picturesque setting has made TSC one of the most popular water sports venues in South Africa.
- Camping – 19 stands with electricity has been booked for the Club.
- The camping costs are R135 per club member for the weekend and the club will pay on behalf of the members.
- The ablutions are well maintained.
- There is a huge dam, bring along your canoe/kayak (no guarantee at this stage that there will be water in the dam…. everybody will understand).
- Come and unwind, relax and enjoy the rustic surroundings.
The weekend program is being developed but the following will be on offer:
- Friday evening Noggin – communal braai. Braai drums and wood will be provided. Please be self-sufficient with food and drinks for Friday evening.
- Saturday – breakfast can be enjoyed at the Oiler for your own cost or your own camping breakfast. – Menu attached for those interested
- Convoy to leave campsite at 10.30am and make a scenic drive to Botriver via Van der Stel Pass and surroundings. We will enjoy a light meal and refreshments at Botriver Hotel and make a scenic drive back to campsite at a very leisurely pace. We will then start gearing ourselves for the Saturday evening dinner and meet at the Oiler at 17H00 for a club supported drink.
- Saturday dinner – Menu attached.
Dinner – R180 pp for members own account. The club pay for 1 bottle of red wine and 1 bottle of white wine per table. Cash bar available and for members own account. – PLEASE NO OWN LIQUOR TO BE BROUGHT TO VENUE FOR THE DINNER AS THIS VENUE HAVE A LIQUER LICENCE AND WE NEED TO SUPPORT THEM ON THE SATURDAY EVENING.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are guests welcome? Yes, most welcome, but our sponsorship extends to members only.
- When do we have to confirm? Please book as soon as possible, we need numbers to make this a huge club Year End Function. This is a highlight on the Four Wheel Drive Club calendar.
- Please make sure you diarize this date: 1 – 3 December 2017
- Please confirm your booking asap. The earlier members book the easier it will be to finalize formalities with the Venue owners.
- Please reply to Elna Buitenhuis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please call me on 082 448 6899 or 021 853 2245 should you have any queries.
- Summary of costs:
- Camping R135 per person for the weekend – Club to pay
- Wood for Friday evening Braai – Club to provide
- Breakfast Saturday & Sunday morning – as per attached menu (for members’ own account) or do your own
- Dinner Saturday Evening: R180 pp. – The Club will sponsor 50% (for each member and spouse)
- Club to provide 1 bottle of red wine and white wine per table.
All other liquor for own account – Cash Bar – NO OWN LIQUOR TO BE BROUGHT TO THE DINNER VENUE
- Payment: Into Club Account by 17 November POP REFERENCE: Name and YEF
- This is your Club – let’s make this a huge success