WSAR and its members aspire to provide, or to the best of their ability facilitate, the provision of the highest possible level of medical care deemed appropriate to a patient’s needs;
adhere to the highest standards of medical ethics with respect to patient care, patient confidentiality and patient advocacy, as required by the medical profession and statutory law (HEALTH PROFESSIONS ACT, 1974);
and to actively foster a spirit of Goodwill between all the members of WSAR.
It is constituted in terms of the HEALTH PROFESSIONS ACT, 1974 (ACT NO. 56 OF 1974) and the REGULATIONS DEFINING THE SCOPE of the PROFESSION OF EMERGENCY CARE (No. R48 of 25 January 2002)
It is a joint venture between THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OF THE WESTERN CAPE represented by the Directorate: Emergency Medical Services and The Member Organisations of WSAR.
Below is a list of organisations which help in rescue related activities.
- Cape Peninsula Speleological Society
- CHC Helicopters (Africa) Pty Ltd.
- Chrysalis Academy
- Delta Search and Rescue
- Department of Water Affairs and Forestry
- Four Wheel Drive Club of South Africa (ORRU)
- High Angle Rescue
- Hikers Network
- Mountain Club of South Africa
- National Sea Rescue Institute
- SA Red Cross Air Mercy Service
- South African National Defence Force
- South African National Parks
- South African Police Services
- African Paddling Association
- Table Mountain Rescue
- Cape Nature
- Hottentots Holland Mountain Club
The wilderness environment” includes the following natural environments;
- Wilderness, non-mountainous areas