Please join your fellow club members for an outing to Strandskloof Park on this weekend.
Strandskloof Park is approximately 160 km from Cape Town on the way to Gansbaai.
It can be reached from the N2 via Hermanus or Caledon. See map below.
It has super camping and recreation amenities and is ideally suited for a relaxing club summer outing.
For more details click on: http://strandskloofpark.co.za/
On the Saturday we plan to drive the 4×4 Route at Murasie (http://www.murasie.com/
Friday afternoon: from 16h00: Meet at the Campsite, set up camp and prepare for a fun evening with friends around a fire with a communal braai.
Saturday morning: After breakfast (time tbd) we will depart to Murasie where we will tackle the 4×4 route. This will take us all the way to the beach where we will stop for a light lunch for those who feel a bit empty. We will return to the campsite, relax into the night.
Sunday morning: We break camp and everyone heads home in their own time.
In order to ensure a spot and assist with logistical arrangements, pleaseRSVP by Sunday 11th February 2018.
- Always consider the possibility of rain. Pack clothing accordingly.
- Come prepared with hats, shoes, suntan lotion, etc
- Prepare your vehicle appropriately
- No pets allowed
- All vehicles must be in sound mechanical condition.
- Always have your spare keys with you.
- Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
- Have own kinetic/recovery strap/ rope and 2 x shackles and any other recovery equipment must be supplied
- A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres.
- Carry a fire extinguisher, make sure it is easily accessible.
- Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
TWO WAY RADIOS (Compulsory VHF Only)
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4×4 excursion is important for many reasons. It helps to ensure the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4×4 trail. Drivers can exchange interesting information, share warnings and generally stay in touch with one another. It is fun to listen to and be part of the many interesting stories that are shared among participants.
According to our Cub policy each vehicle has to be equipped with a working handheld or mobile VHF radio programmed with the 9 ORRA Channels. If you are not in possession of a working radio a rental unit can be made available by the club at a nominal fee. Contact Jimmy Niemann firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance to make arrangements.
Should you be hiring a radio, please ensure that you have a working lighter socket available.
Pay into club account:
Camping: R70.00 per adult and R45.00 per child under 12 years per night.
Trail fee: R300.00 per vehicle
Extra: R50 per campsite for wood for the 2 evenings.
Somebody from the group will be requested to write article for newsletter.
Please contact Jimmy Niemann at 084 288 5510 or email@example.com
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
Please book with Elna Buitenhuis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All bookings must be confirmed and paid for by Sunday 11 February 2018.