Outing to Outrekpad (Vaatjie) 4×4 LADIES DRIVING
Saturday 24 February 2018
Please come and join your fellow club members to give the ladies the opportunity to hone their skills in a 4×4 on the sandy routes for the day.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your wife / daughter / girlfriend
- Sense of humour
- Sense of fun
- Usual recovery gear – tow ropes, kinetic strap, spade, shackles etc.
- Camping Equipment (Chairs, grids, etc)
Vehicles: Only vehicles with low range can be accommodated.
Grading: Trail grading is 2-3.
Nearest Town: Melkbosstrand
Guides : Henri du Toit
DATE : Saturday 24 February 2018
TIME : 10h00
PLACE: At the Outrekpad farm (Vaatjie) – On the Mamre road R304 after turning of the N7 Melkbos road travel for about 4.9 km with the farm entrance on your left.
GPS – coordinates: S33.681327 E18.498205
The day will consist of sand driving on the Jakkalsdraai route, Donkergat Route and back on the F1-Oulaas Bypass.
The club wants to promote 4×4 driving and the best would be to start with the ladies who will surely enjoy the winding sandy routes.
We will try to avoid the water crossings in order to stay out of the mud and salt. If you want to tackle the river there be assistance on hand.
After exploring the farm we will stop at the lapa for a braai and a lekker kuier.
In order to ensure a spot and assist with logistical arrangements please rsvp by 30 January 2018.
- Always consider the possibility of rain. Pack clothing accordingly.
- Always advisable to wear comfortable closed shoes or boots.
- Advisable to have a broad rim hat and sun block on hand.
- Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed, as loose items can become missiles.
- No pets allowed
- All vehicles must be in sound mechanical condition.
- Always have your spare keys with you.
- Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
- Your own Kinetic/recovery strap and 2 x shackles will be advisable.
- A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres. Pack where accessible.
- Carry a fire extinguisher, which is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
- Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
- All other recovery equipment must be supplied.
Vhf TWO WAY RADIOS
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4×4 excursion is important for many reasons. It ensures the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4×4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another as regards their location and situation not to mention the interesting information that is shared with participants. The additional fun aspect lies I the many interesting stories and banter that are shared among participants.
We suggest that you hire a radio from our club for the day if you don’t have one. Contact Jimmy Niemann email@example.com
Should you be hiring a VHF radio, please ensure that you have a working lighter socket available.
NB: If your vehicle is fitted with a VHF radio, please make sure that the ORRA channels are available and working.
Route R180 per vehicle
Pay into club account with reference Outrekpad – Surname
Henri du Toit