Sunday 28 January 2018
Please come and join your fellow club members for an outing to the big sand pit.
DATE : Sunday 28 Jan 2018
TIME : 08h30
PLACE: Second entrance to Atlantis dunes from R27
We will meet at the second entrance, adjust the tyre pressures and go play in the sand. This is an ideal opportunity for the new members and those who have new vehicles to learn how to do this “sand driving thing” and get more acquainted with their vehicles.
Bring along picnic basket with eats and drinks for the day.
We hope to see many club members there to kick off the year’s outing program with a bang.
In order to ensure a spot on this outing, please respond to email@example.com not later than Friday 19th Jan 2018. This will leave enough time to obtain the permits.
Also provide the vehicle Registration Number.
Permits are now R175 per vehicle. Please deposit into club account with reference Surname and Atlantis 2018 and forward proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Always consider the possibility of wind and rain. Pack clothing accordingly.
- It is always advisable to wear comfortable closed shoes or boots.
- Have a broad rim hat and sun block on hand.
- Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed, as loose items can become missiles.
- No pets allowed.
- Remember the convoy protocol.
- All vehicles must be in sound mechanical condition.
- Always have your spare keys with you.
- Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
- Your own kinetic recovery strap / rope and 2 shackles.
Bring any additional recovery equipment you might need.
- A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres.
- Carry a fire extinguisher, easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
- Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
TWO WAY RADIOS:
The standard ORRA VHF channels will be in use.
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4×4 excursion is important for many reasons. It ensures the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4×4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another as regards their location and situation. Sharing interesting information and the banter amongst participants adds to the fun.
To those who do not have a suitable 2-way radio we suggest to hire a radio from the club. Contact Jimmy Niemann email@example.com
Should you be hiring a radio, ensure that your lighter socket is working.