Notice to the members of the 4WDC (WC)
This is listed as it may be of interest to you.
It is not a 4WDC (WC) event
Bookings open: 2 July 2018
For more info: Contact Anneline Niemand (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This is an extremely popular event so please make a note to avoid disappointment.
The 2018 ARCH NSRI Adventure Day in the Koeberg Nature Reserve takes place on 8 September 2018. The 4×4 tour of the reserve is an annual event and the only time that the public can tour the reserve in their own 4×4 vehicle. This is a NSRI Melkbosstrand fund-raising event.
Entry fee: R450
Please note that although in previous years there has been a quad tour and a fun run, these are not being held in 2018.
Due to the water crisis we will not be running the car wash.
Join your fellow club members for this very special day outing, with the option of a sleep over, in support of the “KOS VIR KINDERS” project hosted by:
What a wonderful event to be part of, let us as the Four Wheel Drive Club of SA (Western Cape) make this event our community support project for 2018.
Once a year Matroosberg opens their farm for this wonderful project where they offer their 4 x 4 route to the Vryburgers to collect funds for their KOS VIR KINDERS project. All entry fees on this day goes towards this project. The normal entry fee to do this world-famous route is R250 per vehicle plus R55 per person but for this special project the entry fee will only be R200 for the day.
Addition to the R200 donation towards the project, they are also in need of the following:
• Second hand clothing
• Kitchen ware – time to clean out those cupboards
• Non-perishable food
• All white elephant items that are lying around at home
The Vryburgers have a community shop where they sell the clothing, linen, kitchen ware and white elephant items at very cheap prices and these funds also go towards their project. Last year they provided 113 000 meals for kids – WOW.
DATE : 13 October 2018
TIME : 08H00 ( this will give us enough time to reach Matroosberg by 10H00
PLACE: Parking area in Stokery Road, past Lady Loch Road, Wellington
GPS Co-ordinates: S33.633203 E18.990894
We will meet in Wellington and travel in a convoy to Matroosberg. Please pack a picnic basket for Saturday as we will have a picnic at the lookout point on top of Matroosberg.
Campers: Saturday evening communal braai. Bring any other supplies you my require for the stay.
Camping available for Saturday evening:
– For those who want to have private ablutions at their camping spot: R85 p p p n
– Camping with communal ablution: R60 p p p n
There are also chalets available. Please speak to Elna regarding the cost.
In order to secure a camping spot and assist with logistical arrangements please RSVP to Elna Buitenhuis (email@example.com) by no later than 21 Sep ‘18.
The earlier we book for the camping, the more assured we are of having a camping spot.
• Always consider the possibility of rain. Pack clothing accordingly.
• Always advisable to wear comfortable closed shoes or boots.
• Advisable to have a broad rim hat and sun block on hand.
• Use tie-down straps to secure all items packed, as loose items can become missiles.
• No pets allowed.
• All vehicles must be in sound mechanical condition.
• Low Range is a requirement.
• Always have your spare keys with you.
• Recovery points fitted to the front and rear on your vehicle are a prerequisite.
• Your own Kinetic/recovery strap and 2 x shackles.
• A tyre pump and tyre pressure gauge will be required to deflate/inflate tyres.
• Carry a fire extinguisher, which is easily accessible in the event of an emergency.
• Always carry your personal medical kit. Pack where accessible.
• All other recovery equipment must be supplied.
TWO WAY RADIOS: (VHF Only)
Communication between participating vehicles on any 4×4 excursion is important for many reasons. It benefits the safety of drivers, passengers and vehicles while on a 4×4 trail, where drivers can communicate with one another regarding their location and situation, not to mention the interesting information that is shared with participants. The fun part is the many interesting stories that are shared among participants.
For those who have not got a VHF Radio with the ORRA Channels the Club has radios available for hire. Contact Jimmy Niemann firstname.lastname@example.org in this regard, well in advance please.
Pay into club account: Camping: R85 or R60 per person per night.
Trail: R200 per car.
Please use ref: surname and Matroos and please send proof of payment to email@example.com
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS:
Please book with Elna Buitenhuis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All bookings must be confirmed and paid by 21 September 2018.
Please contact Elna Buitenhuis for any queries on email@example.com or 082 448 6899.
Somebody from the group will be requested to write an article for the newsletter.
MAP OF RENDEZVOUS PLACE: